Freshly Squeezed Wheatgrass Shots
The Benefits of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass can restore energy by fulfilling nutritional deficiencies and by removing waste that clogs your cells, blood, tissues and organs. It is known to strengthen the immune system with its nutritional values, chemical values and energetic attributes. Wheatgrass juice helps your body to build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every cell. By increasing the oxygenation, the body you can offset smog and carbon monoxide pollutants in addition to increasing your endurance during physical exercise.
- One shot of freshly squeezed Wheatgrass juice is equivalent in nutritional value to 1kg of leafy green vegetables.
- Wheatgrass contains a full spectrum of vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Contains more vitamin C than oranges and twice the vitamin A as carrots.
- Contains 19 amino acids, the building blocks of protein, adding essential nutritive value to this grass.
- Contains active enzymes which are complex molecules required for nearly every action in the body including digestion, metabolism and cell.
- Enzymes: Protease (assists in protein digestion), Cytochrome Oxidase (a powerful anti oxidant), Amylase (facilitates digestion), Lipase (digestion of fatty acids), Transhydrogenase (strengthens the heart muscle) & Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) (found in all body cells and is known for its ability to lessen the effect of radiation and slow cellular aging)
- 70% of wheatgrass is Chlorophyll, a compound known for its potent carcinogen protection unparalleled by any other foods or medicine. It acts to strengthen the cells and detoxify the liver and bloodstream by chemically neutralize polluting elements.
Once a tray is done, we never regrow it and use it again. Even though it is possible to regrow wheatgrass after it’s first cutting, it is not a recommended practice as the second harvest will not contain nearly as many nutrients as the first. This is because a great deal of wheatgrass’s nutritional value comes from the seed as the seed sprouts. This nutritional content is contained within the first harvest.
As Mama Zambo says ” A sprout is the beginning of life.”